Kick-Start into Science: First-Year Science Accelerator
First-year university students can easily become overwhelmed by the “new” – new campus, new people, new approaches to teaching and learning, new hands-on experiences, and new opportunities. Join the First-Year Science Accelerator series and beat the information learning curve.
In these series, you will:
- Meet future friends, study partners, mentors, and motivators
- Learn about expectations of first-year professors in Science
- Explore different study techniques for different subjects (biology, chemistry, math and physics)
- Review the requirements for writing biology, chemistry and physics lab reports
- Learn how to set goals that inspire you to act and achieve
- Find out how to use a syllabus, manage your time, and create a schedule or calendar
- Get involved on and off campus
- Learn how to study, how to take notes, and how to memorize effectively
- Learn approaches to study for Science midterms and exams
First-Year Science Accelerator will be led by led by SSSC mentors. These leaders have experienced a lot of what Carleton has to offer including research, volunteering, student organizations, and overcoming obstacles. They will share their knowledge and get you started on the right foot!
Accessing First-Year Science Accelerator
Kick-Start is currently available to all students on cuLearn. Various resources are already posted and new content is posted weekly. To access it click SSSC Online Resources under Fall 2020 Courses. Live Q&A sessions for this section will take place weekly on Thursdays at 5:30pm, starting September 17th, To access the live sessions please visit the culearn page.
Science Accelerator A
Science Accelerator A will run again in Fall 2020.
Science Accelerator B
Science Accelerator B will run again in Fall 2020.
Registration for First-Year Science Accelerator will open August 2020.