Kick-Start into Science: Science Accelerator
New university students can easily become overwhelmed by the “new” – new campus, new people, new approaches to teaching and learning, new hands-on experiences, and new opportunities. Join the Science Accelerator series and beat the information learning curve.
In these series, you will:
- Meet future friends, study partners, mentors, and motivators
- Learn about the expectations of first-year professors in Science
- Explore different study techniques for different subjects
- Review the requirements for writing assignments and lab reports
- Learn how to set goals that inspire you to act and achieve
- Find out how to use a syllabus, manage your time, and create a schedule or calendar
- Get involved on and off campus
- Learn how to study, how to take notes, and how to memorize effectively
- Learn approaches to study for Science midterms and exams
Science Accelerator will be led by SSSC mentors. These leaders have experienced a lot of what Carleton has to offer including research, volunteering, student organizations, and overcoming obstacles. They will share their knowledge and get you started on the right foot!
There will be two Science Accelerator sections to choose from this fall. Both sections will run first four full weeks of the Fall Semester. Section A workshops will take place Tuesday from 3:00pm to 4:00pm on September 13th, 20th, 27th and October 4th. Section B workshops will take place Wednesday from 4:30pm to 5:30pm on September 14th, 21st, 28th and October 5th
Registration for Kick-Start into Science for the Fall 2022 Semester is now closed. To see other SSSC events similar to Kick-Start into Science please visit the SSSC Events Page.
To register please fill out the form below to register. Registration is limited, so please only apply if you intend to participate in all four workshops in the series.