Are you an incoming first-year Faculty of Science student for fall 2017? Fill out the form below to get matched up with an upper-year Faculty of Science mentor. Your mentor will contact you in mid-July and will stay in touch with you throughout the summer and the school year to help you transition to Carleton more easily!
Why Join SSSC Summer Matchup?
SSSC mentors are super high-achieving students within the Faculty and can give you lots of tips on how to get the most out of your Carleton experience. The average mentor in the SSSC has a CGPA of 10.9 out of 12.0 (pretty much straight As!) and has lots of involvement both on and off campus. They have overcome obstacles and challenges, and they can help you to do the same! To learn more about our team members, go to Meet our Mentors. Mentors can tell you:
- The differences between high school and university
- What clubs and activities to join
- Where to go for academic support
- How to balance your life and manage your course load
- Professors' expectations
- How to prepare for specific subjects and classes
- What university labs and tutorials are like
- What to expect from living on-campus or off-campus
- What it's like to take an online course
- Where to buy your books
- How to receive and use your campus card
- Where to go for registration support
- and much more!
When you get to campus in the fall, your and your mentor can arrange to meet for a tour of your classes and other locations you need to know. Your mentor can check in with you periodically throughout the year to help you set your goals, stay on track, and guide you through overcoming challenges (like lab reports or learning a new coding language)!
Also make sure to check out our Answers to Common Questions for incoming first-year Faculty of students!
To sign up, either fill out the form below or click SSSC Summer Matchup Sign Up to open the form in a new window.