Kick-Start into Science: First-Year Science Accelerator
First-year university students can easily become overwhelmed by the “new” – new campus, new people, new approaches to teaching and learning, new hands-on experiences, and new opportunities. Join the First-Year Science Accelerator series and beat the information learning curve.
In these series, you will:
- Meet future friends, study partners, mentors, and motivators
- Learn about expectations of first-year professors in Science
- Explore different study techniques for different subjects (biology, chemistry, math and physics)
- Review the requirements for writing biology, chemistry and physics lab reports
- Learn how to set goals that inspire you to act and achieve
- Find out how to use a syllabus, manage your time, and create a schedule or calendar
- Get involved on and off campus
- Learn how to study, how to take notes, and how to memorize effectively
- Learn approaches to study for Science midterms and exams
First-Year Science Accelerator A will be led by Ally and Ben and and First Year Science Accelerator B will be led by Miski and Sawsan. These leaders have experienced a lot of what Carleton has to offer including research, volunteering, student organizations, and overcoming obstacles. They will share their knowledge and get you started on the right foot!
Science Accelerator A
Science Accelerator A will run again in Fall 2020.
Science Accelerator B
Science Accelerator B will run again in Fall 2020.
Registration for First-Year Science Accelerator will open August 2020.