Kick-Start into Science: First-Year Science Accelerator
First-year university students can easily become overwhelmed by the “new” – new campus, new people, new approaches to teaching and learning, new hands-on experiences, and new opportunities. Join the First-Year Science Accelerator series and beat the information learning curve.
In these series, you will:
- Meet future friends, study partners, mentors, and motivators
- Learn about expectations of first-year professors in Science
- Explore different study techniques for different subjects (biology, chemistry, math and physics)
- Review the requirements for writing biology, chemistry and physics lab reports
- Learn how to set goals that inspire you to act and achieve
- Find out how to use a syllabus, manage your time, and create a schedule or calendar
- Get involved on and off campus
- Learn how to study, how to take notes, and how to memorize effectively
- Learn approaches to study for Science midterms and exams
First-Year Science Accelerator will be led by SSSC mentors. These leaders have experienced a lot of what Carleton has to offer including research, volunteering, student organizations, and overcoming obstacles. They will share their knowledge and get you started on the right foot!
The First-Year Science Accelerator series will run the first four weeks in the Fall Semester. Workshops will take place Monday from 12:00pm to 1:00pm on September 13th, 20th, 27th and October 4th.
Registration for the Fall 2021 session of Kick-Start into Science is closed at this time. If you wish to be placed on the waitlist please contact sssc [at] carleton.ca.
To register please fill out the form below to register. Registration is limited, so please only apply if you intend to participate in all four workshops in the series.