When you register, the $100 CHEM Matters fee will automatically appear on your student account along with your tuition fees.
The last day to withdraw from CHEM Matters with a full refund is August 12th. Please read the FAQ and only register for CHEM Matters if you plan on attending all five days since registration spaces are limited. Students may register to attend CHEM Matters until August 12th. After this date, if you are interested in registering you will need to email chemmatters [at] carleton.ca
How to Register for CHEM Matters
You can plan your schedule (worksheet) on Carleton Central before your time ticket opens to simplify the registration process. Once your time ticket opens, you can go to your worksheet, Proceed to Registration and Submit.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to register for CHEM Matters:
- Log in to Carleton Central using your MyCarleton1 username and password OR your student number and PIN.
- Scroll down to Registration and select Build Your Timetable/Registration.
- Select the Fall 2019 Term (September to December).
- Scroll down to “Search by CRN” and enter 30822. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Search.
- To select this course, click the small box under Select, then scroll to the bottom of the page and Proceed to Worksheet.
- You should now see a course called CHEM 0999.
- Once your time ticket is open, you will be able to click Proceed to Registration and then Submit your choice.
How to de-register for CHEM Matters
If you have registered for CHEM Matters and choose to withdraw, you must do so by August 7th to avoid paying the non-refundable course fee.
- Log in to Carleton Central.
- Scroll down to Registration and select Add/Drop/Search classes.
- Select the Fall 2020 term. Click Submit.
- From your list of courses, find CHEM 0999 and select Withdraw W FEE Reassessment option under the Action drop down menu. If it is past August 7th, the option will show as Withdraw NO FEE Reassessment and the non-refundable course fee will be charged to your account.
- Submit Changes.
For any questions regarding registration for CHEM Matters, please call the Science Student Success Centre at (613) 520-2600 ext. 3111.