Kick-Start into Science: First-Year Science Accelerator
First-year university students can easily become overwhelmed by the “new” – new campus, new people, new approaches to teaching and learning, new hands-on experiences, and new opportunities. Join the First-Year Science Accelerator series and beat the information learning curve.
In these series, you will:
- Meet future friends, study partners, mentors, and motivators
- Learn about expectations of first-year professors in Science
- Explore different study techniques for different subjects (biology, chemistry, math and physics)
- Review the requirements for writing biology, chemistry and physics lab reports
- Learn how to set goals that inspire you to act and achieve
- Find out how to use a syllabus, manage your time, and create a schedule or calendar
- Get involved on and off campus
- Learn how to study, how to take notes, and how to memorize effectively
- Learn approaches to study for Science midterms and exams
First-Year Science Accelerator will be led by MaryAnn and Natasha. These leaders have experienced a lot of what Carleton has to offer including research, volunteering, student organizations, and overcoming obstacles. They will share their knowledge and get you started on the right foot!
Workshops will take place on Mondays from 3:00 to 4:00 pm in 4351 Herzberg on the following dates:
- Monday, September 11th
- Monday, September 18th
- Monday, September 25th
- Monday, October 2nd
Registration is now closed for the fall semester.